Change the Default for All Grade Totals
The Current default display in the gradebook is Real (Percentage) and may appear overwhelming.
You can change this in the course settings for each of your noted courses with the following instructions:
- Enter the course you wish to modify gradebook defaults in
- Select the Grades option on the Secondary Navigation
- Select the Course grade settings option on the Tertiary Navigation.
- Under the Grade Item settings section, change Grade Display Type to…
- Real: total points an item is worth
- Percentage: percentage of points earned
- Letter: Calculated letter grade based on points earned
Learn more about Letter Grades in Moodle
- A combination of two of any of the above.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
- Repeat for each course- this setting will only come over with the suggested process for copy over course content from a previous term