The Activities block in Moodle is a very handy little block for teachers to let them see a quick overview of waiting submissions based on Activity type in Moodle. Want to see what Assignment activities are waiting to be graded without opening up every instance in your course via a dozen tabs or windows? The Activities block can help!
Clicking into a said activity will then show only those activities, separated by each topic they’re found in. The actual contents of each page will shift with the type of activity.
- Quizzes will display attempts
- Assignments will display number of submissions, the activity’s due-date, and how many submissions await your grading.
- Forums will display total number of posts, how many you have yet to mark as read, if you’ve opted to track said forum, and even your forum subscription value for that particular activity.
- Resources will display the non-graded items in your course like URLs, Book, and Page resources.
Add Activities Block to your course
- Enter your course
- Click the Action Menu (gear icon) in the top-left corner of the page
- Click the Turn Editing on option
- Locate the Add a Block at the bottom of the nav drawer
- Select Activities from the list (options are listed alphabetically)