Bulk fill in empty grades
This is ideal for courses with a exclude empty grades enabled on a category or course to ensure that students who missed an assignment are still held accountable for it (and that the assignment will count against them.)
NOTE FOR LATE SUBMISSIONS: If you are grading an assignment, quiz, forum or similar in its native grading tool and a student submits an assignment late this bulk action will OVERRIDE any grade you might give them there. After grading them there you will need to remove this override.
- Enter the course and assignment you wish to fill in empty grades for:
- Click on Grades on the Secondary menu to open the gradebook.
- Click Single View from the drop-down.
- Click the Grade items option.
- Turn Edit mode on if it isn’t already.
- Use the Select a grade item drop-down to select the item you wish to bulk grade.
- Use the Actions drop-down to select Bulk insert grades.
- Check the I understand that my unsaved changes will be lost checkbox.
- Select the Empty grades option and Leave 0 as the Insert new grade.
- Click on Save.
- Repeat steps 2-6 till you have graded all desired assignments.
You can use this same process to enter 0’s for a particular user as well by selecting the Users option instead of Grade Item.