Change the Worth after Grading
In cases where, after the fact you decide you want to increaase the grade value of an activity or realize that you had been grading the activity on the wrong value (maybe its worth 5 points but was setup to be graded out of 100) you can choose how Moodle handles those existing grades.
- Expand the Actions menu (gear icon) from the top-right corner of the page.
- Select the Gradebook setup option.
- Locate the item you want to change the max points for and click the Edit > Edit Settings menu for it.
- If you want to keep your entered totals as-is set Rescale existing grades to No.
– OR –
To have those entered values scale with the worth of the grade item set Rescale Existing Grades to Yes
- Change the Value of Maximum grade as desired.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click the Save changes button.
- Double-check your entries, just in case!