Completion tracking must be enabled for this option to be available.
Ideal for students tracking progression through coursework such as completing readings or assigned tasks handled outside of Moodle. For items handled in Moodle you might instead automate this process so an activity checks off after meeting requirements.
- Enable editing by clicking the Turn Editing On button
- Locate the item you want to track completion for
- Click the Edit menu and select Edit Settings
- Expand the Activity completion section
- Change of the value of Completion tracking to Students can manually mark the activity as completed.
- Click the Save and return to course button to see your handiwork.