Enabling Completion Tracking in a course allows the instructor to put check boxes next to work for students. It will have no effect on their grade. It will also not be track-able on a course-level without further configuration. (They just get the visual confirmation of check boxes, which can be helpful for students in managing and planning their workloads.)
- Navigate to the course you wish to enable Completion Tracking in.
- Expand the Actions Menu (Gear icon) in the top-right of your course.
- Select the Edit Settings option from the menu.
- Expand the section called Completion Tracking
- Change the value of Enable completion tracking to Yes
- Click the Save and display button at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: You won’t see any overt changes to your course